End Grain Sealer
Sealing end grain of wood for longer life and stability.
It is vital to treat all cut ends with an end grain sealer to prevent moisture ingress into timber. Any end cuts in cladding boards, deck boards and other trim need to be sealed at installation.
The prime reason for sealing wood end grain is because when exposed it absorbs moisture up to 250 times more rapidly than other wood surfaces. Unprotected end grain can lead to interior rot and discolouration adjacent to the cut end.
End-grain is particularly vulnerable to moisture, and early failure is often seen at joints and corners where the end- grain is exposed.
Timber’s natural movement means that joints tend to open up over time. When a gap opens, exposed and unprotected end-grain will absorb moisture much faster than the surrounding timber.
End Grain Sealer is designed to assist with better weathering of timber, by stopping excessive moisture ingress, hence providing longer life, reducing cracking, staining and timber movement.
For joined, hidden and exposed end grain: Teknos, Zobel and Abodo
For maximum timber performance use on joined, hidden and exposed timber end grain.
For exposed visual appeal end grain: SIOO:X
Finish your project off to the best visual appeal, coat exposed timber end grain with SIOO:X end grain sealer to have the same weathered look as SIOO:X face coated timber.
|Teknos||750 ml||12 M2 /Ltr||Clear|
|Zobel||1 Ltr||12.5 M2/Ltr||Clear|
|Zobel||2.5 Ltr||12.5 M2/Ltr||Clear|
|Abodo||1 Ltr||6 M2/Ltr||Clear & Black|
|Sioo:x Part 1||1 Ltr||8 M2/Ltr||Weathered|
|Sioo:x Part 2||1 Ltr||8 M2/Ltr||Weathered|
Sioo:x is a two step process - this means you will need to coat the wood with one coats of Sioo:x Step 1 followed by one coat of Sioo:x Step 2.
Quick drying and easy to apply end grain sealer
- One coat application
- Apply with brush
- Ready to use, check viscosity, if necessary, can be thinned with water
- Substrate must be dry and free of dust and grease
- Moisture content of the wood < 15%
- Do not process below 15 °C or more than 30 °C
- Stir material before use; avoid inclusion of air
- Drying Time at 20 °, can be worked over after 40 minutes.
- Low temperature and high humidity retard drying.
- Always ensure adequate temperature and air exchange.
- Cleaning of the tools, immediately after use with water